Packet Pick Up
Pick up your race packet on Saturday, May 4th, 12PM – 4:30PM at
located at 1807 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
And while you are at the store get a special rescue1runner discount on shoes, apparel and accessories!
Can’t make in on Saturday? No worries, we will have your packet waiting for you on Sunday, May 5th (race day), starting at 6:30am in the engine bay at
Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad
YES, you can pick up a packet for someone else, but we ask that you bring a copy of their ID.
Race Day Information
Start Line: Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad 5020 Battery Ln. Bethesda, MD 20814
Race Start: 8:00 AM
Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019
Restrictions: 1.5 hour time limit, Must complete course by 9:30AM
Port-a-johns will be provided at the start and finish.
WHERE IS THE START?
We will still be starting on Old Georgetown Road next to BCCRS.
WHERE DO I PARK?
There is very limited street parking. If you need to drive, you can use one of several county parking lots for free (meters are off on Sundays). See http://www.bethesda.org/node/263 to find a parking lot.
CAN I RIDE METRO TO THE START?
Metro will open at 7:00 am.
Please plan accordingly in order to make the race start time of 8:00 am
WHAT DO I DO AT THE START?
If you have not already picked up your packet, do so as soon as you arrive at the start. Pin your bib number to the front of your clothing.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY WARM-UPS AT THE START?
You can leave your warm-up gear in a bag with your name on it at the bag drop in the BCCRS engine bay.
8K start time is 8:00 AM – sharp!
And the Family Fun Walk begins shortly thereafter.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
Race will be held rain or shine but the current forecast calls for excellent running conditions.
DURING THE RACE
- Absolutely NO strollers, baby joggers, skates, pets, or headsets are permitted on the course.
- You must run inside the cones at ALL times.
- If you have a medical problem or see another runner with a problem, notify a race official as quickly as possible. There are lots of course marshals, police and Ham radio operators along the course.
- All runners must complete the course within 1.5 hours of the start time (9:30 am completion).
- Thank a volunteer and the police – their efforts made this race possible!
WHAT DO I DO AT THE FINISH?
- As you enter the finish corral, you will be directed to our post race staging and entertainment area.
- Enjoy the finish festival with great food from Bethesda Bagel, Potomac Pizza and Harris Teeter. Be sure to visit with all of our sponsors.
- Hang around for the post race entertainment.