Start Line: Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad 5020 Battery Ln. Bethesda, MD 20814
Race Limit: 700
Restrictions: 1.5 hour time limit, Must complete course by 9:30AM
Port-a-johns will be provided at the start and finish.
The USATF-certified course starts and ends at Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad at 5020 Battery Lane, Bethesda, MD. Runners will proceed onto Old Georgetown Rd. and head north, past Suburban Hospital and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and turn right onto Beech Ave. From there runners will make a slight left on to Linden Ave and then right onto Pooks Hill Rd.. Continuing downhill runners will make a right onto Rockville Pike and run up past NIH and Navy Medical Center. Runners will continue down Wisconsin Avenue, turning right onto Fairmont Avenue and then making a quick right onto Woodmont Ave. Runners reach the final stretch by turning left onto Battery Lane and finish in front of the Rescue Squad.
Rescue 1 8K Course
TIMING: Timing for the 2016 Event is being provided by 2L Race Services, and features disposable timing chips, HD monitors and video of the start and finish, on-site race day results for all runners.
- Awards distributed after results verification
- No duplicate Open/Master/Age Group Awards
- Open/Master determined by gun time
- Age group awards based on net time
- Separate Male and Female winners for each category
- No transfers and no refunds, if you are unable to run consider your race fee a donation to the Bethesda Chevy Chase Rescue Squad.