Packet Pick Up
Pick up your race packet on Saturday, May 6th, 11AM – 4PM at
Road Runner Sports
or on Sunday, May 7th (race day), starting at 6:30am in the engine bay at
Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad
YES, you can pick up a packet for someone else, but we ask that you bring a copy of their ID.
Race Day Information
Start Line: Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad 5020 Battery Ln. Bethesda, MD 20814
Race Start: 8:00 AM
Date: Sunday May 7th, 2017
Restrictions: 1.5 hour time limit, Must complete course by 9:30AM
Port-a-johns will be provided at the start and finish.
WHERE IS THE START?
We will still be starting on Old Georgetown Road next to BCCRS.
WHERE DO I PARK?
There is very limited street parking. If you need to drive, you can use one of several county parking lots for free (meters are off on Sundays). See http://www.bethesda.org/node/263 to find a parking lot.
CAN I RIDE METRO TO THE START?
Metro will open at 7:00 am.
Please plan accordingly in order to make the race start time of 8:00 am
WHAT DO I DO AT THE START?
If you have not already picked up your packet, do so as soon as you arrive at the start. Pin your bib number to the front of your clothing.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY WARM-UPS AT THE START?
You can leave your warm-up gear in a bag with your name on it at the bag drop in the BCCRS engine bay.
8K start time is 8:00 AM – sharp!
And the Family Fun Walk begins shortly thereafter.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
Race will be held rain or shine but the current forecast calls for excellent running conditions.
DURING THE RACE
- Absolutely NO strollers, baby joggers, skates, pets, or headsets are permitted on the course.
- You must run inside the cones at ALL times.
- If you have a medical problem or see another runner with a problem, notify a race official as quickly as possible. There are lots of course marshals, police and Ham radio operators along the course.
- All runners must complete the course within 1.5 hours of the start time (9:30 am completion).
- Thank a volunteer and the police – their efforts made this race possible!
WHAT DO I DO AT THE FINISH?
- As you enter the finish corral, you will be directed to our post race staging and entertainment area.
- Enjoy the finish festival with great food from Bethesda Bagel, Potomac Pizza and Harris Teeter. Be sure to visit with all of our sponsors.
- Hang around for the post race entertainment.
Same day Family Fun Walk registration is available beginning at 7:00am.
Please Note – Adult XS shirts are the same size as Kids L shirts so no need to attempt to exchange a Kids L for an Adult XS.
Following the conclusion of the Family Fun Walk (around 9am), we will have entertainment for all ages at all around the rescue squad. You could tour our units too!